The Jubilee Refreshment Rooms are operated by two railway enthusiasts, Chris and Andrew Wright who have re-created the type of Station Refreshment Rooms that would have been available during the golden age of rail travel.
The building that houses the Jubilee Refreshment Rooms was originally one wing (on the left in the picture) of a much larger station building that was built by the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company in 1876. The rest of the station was demolished in the late 1970s following a fire. Part of the surviving wing was last used as a ticket office until 1983 and another part was used by permanent way staff until 1997.
Chris and Andrew spent 10 years negotiating with the owners of the building, firstly British Rail and then Railtrack and Network Rail, and finally secured a 20 year lease on the building in order to fulfil their dream.
They named the refeshemnt rooms after the Jubilee class of steam engines which used to travel through the station.
The Refreshment Rooms have been internally decorated in the original colours and the interior features some original advertising signs, a clock that was rescued from outside John Tempest Jewellers of Commercial Street, Halifax and a set of four hand pumps rescued from The Tandem, Waterloo